- R&D Tax Incentive
- Target groups
To be eligible, project teams must include at least two small and medium-sized enterprises(SME, SMEs) from the European Economic Area (EEA). This ensures that the innovation capacities of the European economy are strengthened.
Technology Readyness Level (TRL):
Projects should already have a Technology Readiness Level of at least 4 and reach a level of 6 by the end of the project. This ensures that the solutions developed are already proven prototypes and are on their way to market.
Projects should develop solutions for industry that are cross-industry. This means that they can focus on different sectors such as tourism, education, etc. However, it is important that the solutions are not just pure software solutions with cloud-based implementations. Instead, they should be implemented as embedded systems with hardware to provide a concrete and much-needed solution.
A total budget of 80,000 euros is available for each project. The distribution of the funding is the responsibility of the consortium leader, whereby no SME can receive more than 60,000 euros. Up to 30% of the funding can be used for subcontracting. No time-consuming surveys or the like are required. Funds are allocated to the project, with no further obligations. Pre-financing of 20% is possible, while the remaining 80% will be paid at the end of the project.
Evaluation and selection:
Projects are evaluated using a point system that also takes into account aspects such as sustainability and gender equality. It is important that the proposed solutions are comprehensively assessed both technologically and in terms of their impact on society.